Monday, November 28, 2016

28 November 2016 - Elder Milius Week 22

Family and Friends,

Merry Christmas!!! I hope y’all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are all ready for Christmas! I am personally excited for the #LIGHTtheWORLD initiative that the Church is putting out this year! It is just a different excitement as a missionary I guess, but it makes sharing the Gospel so much easier! We’ve already been able to share the video with a few families, and the Spirit that it brings is undeniable! I love how this year, they are using the word “Light” and a verb, rather than a noun. We all understand what the Light of Christ is (noun) but do we realize how we as God’s children can Light another’s day (verb) during this season especially. I testify that even the smallest actions of smiling and waving at someone walking down the street is what Christ is talking about when He says “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father, which is in heaven” (Matthew 5:16). I am attaching the video at the end of all my pictures and I challenge all y’all to share it with one other person, and bear your testimony to them of our Savior. Let’s all LIGHTtheWOROLD!

Transfer calls came this week on Saturday-I had already felt like Transfers had happened but we got called and fortunately Elder Morley and I are safe here in Fort Payne for another six weeks. We were both pretty glad that we didn’t have to pack up again. 

This week we’ve finally been able to organize Lynn’s baptism. We are going to be holding it on the 10th of December so no worries, I’ll be having a “White” Christmas. I’m excited for her and I think she would be the first to tell you that this is long overdue (like Noah’s baptism). Which reminds me, on Saturday I was blessed with the opportunity to return to Florence and witness Noah make sacred covenants! I loved being able to see the fruits of not only my labors, but the labors of so many other missionaries-as you can see in the picture. It was a blessing to be a part of it, and I know that even though I won’t be able to see that result for everyone I teach, it doesn’t mean that a year, two years, or even ten years down the road another missionary won’t get to see it. 

Thanksgiving was a good day. It was hard to try and talk to people that morning but we found a way to get a couple New Investigators that we will be able to follow-up with this week! Thursday night we went to President Lee’s home for dinner and we are less than a mile from the Georgia border. So, like typical missionaries, we drove to the border and I was in Georgia for two minutes taking a picture of the “Welcome to” signs on both sides. Now, I have officially been in the three states that our mission covers! :) The Friday after we also went to a member’s home for lunch with their family and that was great! I got to play wiffle ball with a few younger kids and my swing was off….and I’m sore now….but it was so worth it! Then we went to visit the Littlefields and we were taken to a friend’s home where we found a Christmas tree Roll Tide style. 

The Holidays make everything in a mission crazy and they are only going to get crazier! I love it, and I love the people we are working with! The work is hastening. I’m thankful for all y’all and your support! I love y’all, and as always if I can do anything for you let me know! 

#LIGHTtheWORLD

PS: We went on another hike with a member from where Elder Morley came from who came up to see us...he took a lot of pictures!
-- 
Godspeed,
ELDER MICHAEL S. MILIUS
ALABAMA BIRMINGHAM MISSION

"Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life." ~3 Nephi 5:13




 Elder Milius, Noah, Elder Wheatley



 Noah's Baptism Day

 Elder Morley and Elder Milius














No comments:

Post a Comment