Friday, November 25, 2016

21 November 2016 - Elder Milius Week 21

People at Home,

Hello people! How are y’all?! Happy Thanksgiving!! This week has literally been one of the most tiring, exciting, and rewarding weeks of my mission thus far! 

Last Monday we went hiking through a river that is supposed to be running and full but we haven’t gotten rain here in a long time so there goes that. Fortunately the forest fires are dying down and we haven’t been evacuated. We also went to visit Jamie, a less-active member and her nephew is a month old and of course me being my father’s son I had to hold him. So those are the pictures that I’m sending! Northern Alabama is beautiful this time of year. It also starts to get colder this time of year and I am going to freeze I know it. My Arizona blood isn’t used to it. 

Our numbers this week have been astounding and it is a testimony to me that the Lord is directing His work and I am merely an instrument! I have 100% Faith that the Lord is putting me in places and situations that I need to be in. A couple of my favorites for this week happened when we were simply going through the Ward List to see who we could visit whom we hadn’t already met in church. (We have been doing a lot of that because we are trying to figure out our 2,000+ square mile area and there are all these little towns everywhere).

On Wednesday we met the Littlefield/Maddox Families. They live out in Centre Alabama which is right on the Georgia border. We were out there and had some appointment fall through and so we again decided to go through the ward list. It was crazy that we caught them at home because Sister Littlefield travels with her husband Monday-Friday for their job, they are truckers and are always on the road. Her daughter, Sister Maddox, lives with her to kind of take care of the home when they are out of town. Both of them are married to non-members of the church and both have been less-active for quite some time. It doesn’t help that the church building is an hour away. But, anyways meeting them on a Wednesday night was unbelievable and we found out that the only reason she was home was because she had hit a deer at 2:30am that morning. She expressed her desire to come back to church and hopefully we will be able to work with them but as we were driving away we realized that God works in mysterious ways. And I fully believe that the deer God used had fulfilled his time on Earth and is now living happily in the Celestial Kingdom. We met a Less-Active, Part-Member family because of a deer.

Then, on Sunday we were doing the same thing and met the Ivey Family. They weren’t going to let us in at first but because of our odd persistence waiting at the door we were able to get in and talk with them. The wife grew up in the church and has been less-active for a while now. Her husband and daughter aren’t members but we were invited back to teach them more about what Mormons believe, including the Mom. She has a couple questions that we hope we will be able to answer and help all of them come back to the church. But I failed to mention that before meeting them we tried to find a couple other families of which we couldn’t find their address. So, because all we wanted to do was see one more family, God lead us to the family that we needed to see!

Another miracle was on Saturday. We also met with an Investigator Lynn, who apparently has been investigating on and off for a few years now. She's been taught everything and when we met with her on Saturday I asked her, "Have you read the Book of Mormon?" "Yes," she responded. "Have you had the opportunity to pray about it?" "Yes." "And if I were to ask you if you believed it was true and that Joseph Smith was a true prophet what would you tell me?" "I do." "Well....will you get baptized?" Lynn was on a date back in August that fell through because of a member making her upset or something of that nature, but she is now committed to be baptized on December 17th and we will be working with her to receive the lessons again and prepare for that special day. 

The Lord is in charge and I love this Work! The Church is True, I know that with everything I have and I know that God and Jesus Christ care for each of us individually! I hope y’all have a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING and if you need anything shoot me an email! Take care y’all!

Godspeed,

Elder Milius

Godspeed,
ELDER MICHAEL S. MILIUS
ALABAMA BIRMINGHAM MISSION
"Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life." ~3 Nephi 5:13



 Elder Milius and Elder Morley



 Elder Milius and Elder Morley





No comments:

Post a Comment