Tuesday, November 8, 2016

7 November 2016 - Elder Milius Week 19

PEOPLE,

I have to start getting more creative with my Greetings because it’s getting boring...but how are all y’all? Alabama is still doing great! The weather is supposed to start cooling down but no one really knows. Also, I miss Arizona because they do not participate in this little thing called Daylight Savings. Ask Elder Areno, I’ve been murmuring about it probably more than I should. But it gets dark at like 5:00 now and everyone in the South believes in rising and setting with the sun. You want to go tracting or contacting at 6? Sike, it now is “too late to be out.” But there is my rant for the week and I’ll try not to say anything else about it.
    
This week has been crazy and busy just like every other week! It flew by as far as time goes but on Sunday I felt so exhausted! We are doing so much work and I couldn’t love it any more than I already do. On Halloween we went to a members house and basically hung out at a party they were having which was awesome. And then on Tuesday I went on another exchange with Elder Causey here in Florence. On Tuesday night we had Ball night and I was able to share my experiences about my friend Dayton. He’s a beast, I’ll be the first to tell you. I shared his story and then his favorite scripture in Romans 5:3-5;
“3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.”
I then tied that scripture to Alma 7:11-12 about Christ and His Atonement and it was one of the best thoughts after basketball that we’ve had! I love the SPIRIT!
    
Then I got to hear the best news on Wednesday, Noah is getting baptized on the 26th of November! I’m so excited for him, and he has much more Faith than I do. His family is very against the church and so keep praying for him!
    
Last week we meet a guy named Jesse who is a pile. He’s got some straightening out to do, but we saw him this week and he was able to take us to the church and we gave him a very short church tour. (Funny story interjection: Jesse has a breathalyzer in his car to keep him from drinking and driving...so in order to start his car and periodically through the drive over to the church he was blowing in this thing that allowed him to drive or not...I love my mission!) Anyways, we invited him to church-and I had my doubts as to whether or not he was going to be able to make it-but he came! He was at church yesterday and he seemed to really enjoy it. He was much more calm than when we had previously talked with him and I’m hoping he will be back next week.
    
Along with Jesse, Cameron came to church. Cameron is a Less-Active member who referred himself to us because he knew where he was and he knew it wasn’t where he wanted to be. Us or the sisters are going to see him everyday in order for him to be accountable and in order to help him in coming back to Christ and the church. Talking with Sister Anderl I mentioned something along the lines as a Reactivation is just as good as a baptism! I can’t tell you how great a feeling it is when someone says that they need your help, that they want to change, and that they know where you can help take them.
    
I am so grateful for moments like that, and for my mission as a whole. I know that this church is true and I know that this is where we can find the most Joy, in Jesus Christ. My purpose, and the purpose of Latter-Day Saints as a whole are to help others feel that Joy. I hope all y’all have a fantastic week filled with the Spirit and the Light of Christ! I love y’all!

Godspeed,
Elder Milius

PS: Northwestern Alabama is pretty famous as far as the music industry goes...who knew? :)

-- 
Godspeed,
ELDER MICHAEL S. MILIUS
ALABAMA BIRMINGHAM MISSION

"Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life." ~3 Nephi 5:13



No comments:

Post a Comment