Monday, November 14, 2016

13 November 2016 - Elder Milius Week 20

HELLO!!!
ATTENTION: First I have to note that I am no longer serving in the wonderful area of Florence, AL. On Saturday there was a huge Emergency Transfer with around seven different Elders and I am now in the Northeast corner of Alabama in an amazing place called Fort Payne! 

So this week has been crazy...to lighten up the shocked mood I’m sure my Mom is in, on Monday Elder Areno and I went to get our Flu shots. While I was signing for my shot the computer thing wouldn’t let me sign and it turns out it is because I am 18 and in the state of Alabama I am considered a minor still and can’t sign for myself….wahoo! I thought it was a funny story. We then made the Physician giving us our shots cry because she felt the Spirit so that was a cherry on top of that experience! 

On Tuesday we talked with a guy named Ray (if you remember back Ray is a guy Elder Wheatley and I tried to teach who is intoxicated more than he is sober). Ray-who was sober-asked us for some help in his life. He then told us that every time we walked down his street and shouted “Hello” or something along those lines at him we made his day. That was amazing for me to hear and it was a testimony that we can’t take anything for granted; because even something so simple like waving and saying hello to someone sitting on their porch helps that person feel the Spirit and feel Christ’s love for them. 

We also went “Spirit Tracting” a couple times this week and that was unbelievable. When you are actively looking for the Spirit and trying to find those people who the Lord has prepared to receive the Gospel, you find it. We were definitely lead to a few people who all have potential. One lady in particular was Janice. We saw her as we were coming down a street and she went inside before we could catch her. So, when we knocked on her door she finally came up and said that she wasn’t going to answer the door, but the Spirit prompted her otherwise. At the end of the Restoration/Book of Mormon lesson she shared with us that earlier that morning she had prayed that God would send her something more, more truth. Well He answered that prayer! 

I love my Mission and I love being the answer to prayers! Even though this whole crazy situation happened and I am going to miss the wonderful people in Florence, I am ready to answer the prayers of those who are here in Fort Payne. I love this Branch and I love how excited they were when we showed up on Sunday Morning. I love Elder Morely and I’m excited to see how we work together (he came out with me by the way-side note.). Most importantly I love my Savior and Lord Jesus Christ and I know this is His work. I am merely an instrument! 

I hope everyone has a good week and if y’all need anything else from me let me know!

Godspeed,
Elder Milius

PS: The picture is showing the smoke that is in our area due to the wildfires that are going on less than 20 miles from us because of the drought AL is in. Exciting stuff!

PPS: This is Elder Wheatley (my Father) with his two sons. Elder Buhrley (sp) had to go home and now he is back out. We will be going home at the same time so Wheatley has "Twins" (If you don't understand Missionary Family trees I apologize for the confusion. This is me with my trainer and another Elder who he trained previous to me.).
-- 
Godspeed,
ELDER MICHAEL S. MILIUS
ALABAMA BIRMINGHAM MISSION

"Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life." ~3 Nephi 5:13



Elder Milius, Elder Wheatley, Elder Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment