Sunday, June 25, 2017

19 June 2017 - Elder Milius Week 51

Happy Summer World!

I know some of you are in places where it’s snowing right now but be grateful. Alabama humidity is just amazing and it brings out all the wonderful mosquitos and gnats! Loving life and I can’t wait for summer to be in full force! But that’s all the complaining I really can do! We had another good week this week and like the last it went by super fast! We are still doing a lot of finding but some more people are starting to stick! We had two different exchanges this past week, one in Hoover and one in Prattville so that we didn’t have to do them this last week. Can’t believe time, what a concept.
Monday we had dinner with an awesome family but it was still a kinda awkward appointment. I’ve had all sorts of crazy weird dinner appointments since being here so it’s just continuing the way it started! Tuesday we were in our own area and we found Patricia! She was super open to us at the door and our opening line (for a lot of people down here) was “Are you native american! A lot of people have Indian sculptures or dream catchers and it’s usually because they have some of it in their blood. After asking her that we told her that we had a “Cool story about the Native Americans!” and then we knew we had her hooked. “What’s the story?” she asked. :) Then we taught her about the Book of Mormon and are going back this coming week! That day we also were tired of tracting and contacting people so we sat on a bench and offer people free copies of the Book of Mormon! It worked, once. About as successful as tracting! 
Wednesday we went to Hoover with APs and did some work there. We met a girl who graduated with my class. Which was weird, but it’s just this growing older thing I guess...I don’t know. We taught this awesome kid named Nathan whose Mom is a member and Dad is a Recent Convert.
Thursday our exchange with the APs ended and we came home and started an exchange with the Millbrook Elders! Yay us! To add to it a storm hit and so we were kinda stuck all day because between the four of us we only had one car! So we did a lot of store contacting but we did teach Ann, the lady we met tracting with Jasher not too long ago! She’s awesome and brought up the fact that she wanted to come to church with us-which is cool because when we first met her she said she hadn’t been to church in a long time because of reasons she chooses not to share. Also a side-note: Ann is cousins with Elvis Presley. 
Friday we had District Meeting and ended our exchange with Millbrook. We did our planning and found another awesome lady named Haley! We tracted into her and she goes to the Church of the Highlands which is pretty big down here! It’s a “pick-and-choose” church and has different campuses all over that tailor to how you want your church meetings to be like! We answered a lot of questions that she has and we gave her a Book of Mormon! Going back this week!
Saturday we found 4 new investigators! One, Shantae was after we had just gotten bashed by a former Baptist Preacher, and he lost! Another one, Susan, set a return appointment for us to come back the next morning and again for Wednesday this week. The other two, Kimberly and Raven probably thought we were weirdos but we taught them and convinced them to read the Book of Mormon! Sunday was as always a good day and we were ready to wind down by the end of the night! 

  • I haven’t drank soda over the past year, but when we went to Hoover their “exchange tradition” is root beer floats. My stomach almost killed me but I drank it anyways to be polite! 
  • Elder Matthews and I are best friends.
  • He thinks we’re never going to see each other again.
  • Especially if I don’t go to BYU for school.
  • My life….good thing I know where I’ll be for the next year.
  • I cried this week and I blame Elder Matthews. It was the first time I’ve actually had tears come out of my eyes my entire mission!

It was another fantastic week in Prattville and our finding efforts will hopefully come to fruition as the weeks go on! I But even if they don’t I love this work, I love this ward, I love my companion, and I love the Lord! Make it a great week y’all! Love you!

Much Love,
Elder Milius

PS: Enjoy the pictures again! We had a breakfast party and volleyball/dodgeball zone activity today! Good times! 


-- 
Godspeed,
ELDER MICHAEL S. MILIUS
ALABAMA BIRMINGHAM MISSION

"Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life." ~3 Nephi 5:13





 Elder Milius and Elder Matthews








 





Missionary Dodge Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment