Wednesday, July 27, 2016

25 July 2016 - Elder Milius Week 3

To Friends and Family,
The last week at the MTC was as crazy as the first and I felt the Spirit more than ever. We had “In-Field Orientation” which was kind of a big pep talk before all of us head out this week. I couldn’t be more excited and more nervous in my life, it’s like leaving for the MTC all over again but now it’s real. Also, spiritual highlight was our sunday night devotional again. A group called the “Nashville Tribute Band” came and played for Pioneer Day (that’s a big holiday in Utah and you could tell which missionaries were from Utah based on the colors they were wearing). They are an LDS group of guys who sing their testimonies about the Savior and the Restoration! It was awesome and it made me realize that with all the talents that God has given us we can testify of Christ, no matter what the talent(s) is(are). 
I leave on Tuesday, tomorrow morning and I don’t know if I’m ready; but, if He thinks that I am then I’ll work everyday for the rest of my mission and the rest of my life through Him, with Faith in the enabling power of His Atonement. I know He lives. I know with a surety that Christ lives; that He lived, suffered, died, and lived again for each of us individually. He suffered just a moment for all of His brothers and sisters, for each of God’s children. I know that the Father came with His Son to Joseph Smith in a grove of trees in 1820. I know that the Prophet Joseph Smith then restored Christ’s original church upon the earth with His power and authority-the Priesthood. I know that I hold that authority and that I was set apart to be a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ, a missionary of His church by and through that authority and power. I know that from this Prophet we have received Another Testament of Jesus Christ in the Book of Mormon. It is true. This church is true. I wouldn’t be here on my mission if it wasn’t. I wouldn’t be here without the sacrifice of my Savior Jesus Christ. I love Him. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for my family. I love them, and they are everything to me. I am so blessed to be able to live with them forever. I am so blessed to consecrate the next two years of my life to my Savior, and I’ll be more than happy to serve Him for two years +. I say these things in the name of Him, even Jesus Christ, the Savior of the World, Amen. 

Godspeed, 

Elder Milius

 Elder Milius and Sister Barrus relieving some stress with a coloring time out

Elder Milius, Elder Canty, Elder Hanratty

No comments:

Post a Comment