Wednesday, December 13, 2017

11 December 2017 - Elder Milius Week 76

It’s been good.

Well, our weeks are busy! They’re going good though. Full of finding a ton of cool people to teach but meeting with them again is hard, but we just keep finding. We have meet great people and I’ll tell you about all those new ones. Everyone else is pretty much the same, but I’ll just go into our week!
So, on Tuesday we had gone to the temple and then that night we had a great lesson with a guy named Alex. He was really interested in the church and we meet him at the chapel. He had done some “research” which often times is dangerous but with his heart and intentions it turned out okay. We taught the restoration and then shared that the Book of Mormon is the only real way he will know the truth. 
Then, Wednesday was our big multidistrict meeting which was good, and sad because it was Elder Lewis and Sister Terry’s last district meeting ever. Dang. We also had exchanges with Prattville and I was able to go out with Elder Canty who is a super stellar missionary. I remember being in the MTC with him (he was in my District in the MTC) and we said we would serve together one day, didn’t really think it would literally be “one day” but hey you get what you ask for I guess! We found this lady named Ashley who let us in right away and we showed her the LighttheWorld video and set up a time to meet with her and her husband again. She didn’t make her return appointment but we’re not giving up on them. We also met April that night! April is Hannah’s friend who is staying with her to help her with her kids (Elder Fotu and I found Hannah last Monday and had a super cool spiritual experience with her outside). But April was really open and we were able to teach her the Restoration and so her and Hannah are now somewhat on the same page and they are getting back into town this week so we’ll be back over there soon. April sent us a text cancelling our appointment but saying that she was still super interested in learning more about the church. So, at least her heart is open currently! Let’s not let it get closed and hardened! 
We also met a guy named Joel who should be LDS we can’t really figure out why. He is very intellectual and has met with the past two Mission Presidents since 2013. He knows a lot about the church and agrees about the Priesthood! He does throw out some other theories as well to, I think, see what our response is. (It’s so hard to answer sometimes because I basically speak in behalf of the church as a whole). I don’t know how many of those “theories” he believes however. But hopefully things will work out there, he has an awesome family-a wife and two kids in their teens.
We’ve also met a few people that are potentially interested: Wes, EJ, and Jerod live in our apartment complex. We found them on Friday because we couldn’t drive our car in the morning (I’ll explain that in a few). Jemeka, and Gabrielle were a couple others. Gabrielle was funny, she answered the door and was just very dynamic but we asked if we could come in and share our message with her. And, like I said she was dynamic so I got to be dynamic back and kinda a smart-alec in some places, maybe even sarcastic...but it’s nice when people are like that so you can be yourself more. It makes missionary work easier. 
It SNOWED on Friday!! 5 inches of snow!! That’s why we couldn’t drive on Friday morning, but it was pretty cool. Also considering I have a companion who is from Jamaica and that as the second time he’s ever witnessed snow-the first time it actually stuck to things and he could pick it up and throw it, haha! It was fun though. Except we helped someone move on Saturday morning and it was pretty cold then.
That was pretty much our week though, and we are getting into Transfers! Wahoo! 

  • Elder Canty and I figured out how to put the LighttheWolrd video on repeat at Wal-Mart on the computers. We played it, showed it to some people, and then left it on repeat. Hopefully it stayed on for the rest of the night! 
  • We were tracting this week when we ran into a member...from another ward. So we looked up our Ward Boundaries and we were totally not in our area, lol.
  • Riley is a guy that missionaries have taught in the past and we went over to check in on them. He introduced us to his friends who all go to the Church of the Highlands, and they were asking questions. So, one of the friends asked, “What do you believe it takes to get to heaven?” Well we had been talking about all of that on a deeper scale with Joel, but couldn’t bring that up and so I thought to ask, “Which kingdom?” I decided that it was a bad idea...but smart me asked anyways! I swear I got the weirdest looks and they were like “What?!” My companion saved me though! Haha, “Which kingdom?” 
  • Ward Council in Hoover are hilarious; we talked/debated for a solid 30 minutes about the Christmas Party! 

That’s all I got! This week will be fun! Transfers happen and the new missionaries arrive and such! We get to go pick them up tomorrow and the airport and shuttle them around for a day or so! Elder Lewis goes home (I hate killing missionaries) but I’m grateful for all I’ve learned from him. My next companion will be great and I’m excited to get it! Hope y’all have a great week! Love y’all!

Much Love,
Elder Milius


-- 
Godspeed,
ELDER MICHAEL S. MILIUS
ALABAMA BIRMINGHAM MISSION

"Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life." ~3 Nephi 5:13












No comments:

Post a Comment