Monday, May 22, 2017

22 May 2017 - Elder Milius Week 47

Happy P-Day Everyone!

So, it’s official. I am moved from Wetumpka, AL, to Prattville, AL. A whole twenty-five minutes down Highway 14! But the Prattville area is awesome and the ward is great! Elder Matthews is an amazing companion and I’m upset he’s leaving me for Utah next transfer...but that’s a touchy situation so we won’t mention that anymore! I got a lot of pictures from people in Wetumpka that I’ll be sending as well! Fun!
Now for the update in Prattville! We don’t have a ton of investigators that we are spending too much time with so we are finding a lot and dropping people and finding again! IT’s fun though! We are teaching a family, sort of. Dee (one of the boys) has been taught for a while and we are looking to put him on dte for baptism for next month. Since Wednesday we are also  teaching his older sister Amber and since Saturday teaching his younger sister Kennedy. All of them seem to be interested in the church so we hope we can put them all on date to be baptized together in June. 
Our most progressing Investigator is Lee who is a girl in her twenties. She claims not to be Christian but she’s coming to church consistently and so we are hoping the she really gains a witness of the Book of Mormon so that she can be baptized soon too! 
Yesterday we tracted into the Brooks family and are now teaching them. The family is Mom, Dad, and their little boy Eli who is 1. We went and taught them the Restoration and it was great! Elder MAtthews and I learned a lot about how we can improve our teaching together but it wasn’t a bad lesson at all! The Lord blessed us with them because of all the finding we’ve had to do! 
A couple of other things to add and mention is our District is awesome. Elder Egbert is our District Leader and he’s great, he came out with me! The members in the Prattville Ward are great and feed us regularly which is always a good sign. I’m sure I’ll have more next week but I’m settled in and ready to get to work! 

  • We went to help Lee move and we had to use our car...we weren’t told that until she said “Pull your car a little closer.”
  • A member in our ward has the coolest conversion story that includes working for the FLDS community and Warren Jeffs. 
  • Elder Matthews turned 20 on Saturday!!
  • On Elder Matthews Birthday some Elders told basically the whole mission and said to call and wish me Happy Birthday instead of Elder Matthews-it was kinda messed up.
  • It started pouring rain on us and we ran through it and got soaking wet. Life was good though.
  • A lot of people tell Elder Matthews and I that we look alike.
  • We tracted the same street as the Sisters a day after them and found a whole ton of people to teach.
  • We had a dinner appointment where the family had already eaten apparently and so they all sat there a watched us eat our food.
  • Our Zone Theme is titled “Nacho Normal Transfer” and we are having a competition between the Districts to see who does more of the “Daily Challenges” which range from waking up at 6:30 to go contacting outside of a Mexican restaurant. 
  • I talked to my companion in my sleep and groaned, “Finding” acting so disappointed that we had to go finding again! Haha! 

Life is going good in Alabama! I love missionary work, haha, love finding! If y’all need anything from me let me know! Love you guys!

Much Love,
Elder Milius

-- 
Godspeed,
ELDER MICHAEL S. MILIUS
ALABAMA BIRMINGHAM MISSION

"Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life." ~3 Nephi 5:13








 Happy Birthday Elder Matthews!

My family talking to me on Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment