Thursday, May 18, 2017

15 May 2017 - Elder Milius Week 46

Good Afternoon!

Well first I have to say Happy Mother’s Day once again to all the mother’s! I know I love mine and can’t begin to explain how grateful I am for her! It was a pleasure to be able to see and talk to her as well as the rest of my family this weekend! 
But, just to give y’all an update on the week. I am being transferred after 4 ½ months in the Wetumpka Ward and I will be moving about thirty minutes down the road to Prattville, AL! It was an amazing transfer with Elder Schrubb and I am looking forward to serving with Elder Matthews in Prattville! I’ll be able to attach my address to my email next week, and if you have any other questions let me know! 
My last week in Wetumpka was definitely one to remember though-but most of the weeks are! To give you updates on some people, Joe and Shannon are doing great! Shannon is progressing really well and Joe is following. Our other RCs are being frustrating but that’s life. Tyrone and Chance haven’t been able to make it to church since they received the gift of the Holy Ghost. However, we’ve meet with Tyrone a lot and his heart is in a good place. He wants to do what’s right and he wants to get the Priesthood and progress in the Gospel but he is also trying to take care of his family, which means work...sometimes getting called in on Sunday. I worry more about Chance because he kinda acts like after he got baptized it’s over; which, he knows it’s not the end, but that’s the way he makes it seem. Anyways, I hope all three of them keep making the choices to keep them on the path now that they’ve gotten there! 
Trevor and Sebastian are doing great too! On Tuesday Elder Robertson (from Clanton) and I went over to teach them and we had a really good lesson on the Sacrament. Elder Robertson shared an analogy about how Sacrament before being baptized is like “tryouts.” But, once you’re baptized you’re on the team and every Sunday after is “Game Day.” It was very bold and powerful and just what that entire family needed. It showed the importance of baptism and invited them all to church without ragging them to come! One of the best lessons we’ve had with them and I hope that they keep moving forward as well! 
We found a couple other people this week as well but I was also able to do two different baptismal interviews for 4 girls who were getting baptized. Layla (13) and Lexi (9) were the first set of sisters who were baptized up in Clanton this past weekend. They belonged to a family where both the parents were baptized but neither of them were. They were both very on top of things and I was excited to hear that everything worked out well for them and their baptism. The second interview was Lexi (9) and Hayden (8) who are also sisters. They are getting baptized in the Alex City branch this coming Saturday and these two girls blew me away. They are so excited for their baptism and I have never seen more prepared people for baptism than those two girls! One of my favorite things to do is conduct those interviews. 
It was a good week to finish out my time in this area, and I can’t wait to see where I’m needed next! Again, Happy Mother’s Day and I hope y’all make it a great week! I’ll close with some not-so-spiritual stories.

  • I set up and built a five piece dining table set by myself because Shannon didn’t know what she was doing.
  • I taught a Spanish Lesson in District Meeting about the verbs “Estar” and “Ser.”
  • I wrote a “Character Letter” for someone who is possibly getting kicked out of the Military.
  • We played Dominos in the black part of town with some guys we found a few months ago.
  • No one showed up to our Book of Mormon class Thursday.
  • Brother Hamon, our WML has been taking us around the world before Coordination meetings when he feeds us. I’ve been to Hong Kong, Greece, Israel, Russia, Japan, Scotland, and finished in India. 


Much Love,
Elder Milius

-- 
Godspeed,
ELDER MICHAEL S. MILIUS
ALABAMA BIRMINGHAM MISSION

"Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life." ~3 Nephi 5:13


 These Elders received some fresh new haircuts courtesy of Sister Underwood 
in preparation for their Mother's Day Skype




No comments:

Post a Comment