Monday, April 3, 2017

3 April 2017 - Elder Milius Week 40

Hey y’all! 

I’m STAYING in Weeetumpka! Transfer calls brought sad news though as I will be losing my son, Elder Kaden Harris. He is headed to Fulton, Mississippi but Elder Schrubb will be my companion starting Wednesday and he is a great Missionary as well. He came out with me and we’re bound to do good things. Also, the Wetumpka Sisters are both being taken out without replacements. Elder Schrubb and I have our work cut out for us but let me tell you Wetumpka is about to get wet! 
So, starting out with Conference-what an amazing weekend! I love General Conference and every time I am reminded that God has called a Prophet and that his name is Thomas S. Monson. I hope all y’all were able to listen or watch it this past weekend but if you haven’t that is the glory of modern technology; it’s on lds.org :) I would suggest watching David A. Bednar’s talk from Priesthood Session and Elder Joaquin E. Costa’s talk from the second session on Sunday. They were my two favorites.
Also, speaking of Conference Shannon is doing great. Her and Joe were able to come to the second session on Saturday afternoon. We weren’t there, but John Ellis-a youth and their home teacher-was there and he told us that right before the session started Shannon opened up big time and told him about some things that she was having to go through and then most of that entire session was about how to have peace and joy in times of trouble and how we can “overcome the world.” It was great, and definitely considered a miracle to me! All of those that speak are inspired and when they speak is inspired as well, I know that to be true. But she is doing a lot better and they both loved going to Conference and Shannon is recognizing the Spirit and how it’s helped her the past couple days since going so hopefully that can translate to them coming to church and then to the 20th of May!!
Trish and Sunny weren’t able to make it but we are hoping to see them later today. Last Monday we had an awesome lesson with them where we showed the Restoration video and they loved it. I swear they just need to come to church to get an answer to their prayers! They are so close. 
This week was a good week and they are only looking to get better. I feel like I say that in every email but it’s true! Life just keeps getting better and better! I do want to share another story that had an impact on me this past week. We were looking for someone to come out with us to teach Renee on Friday. And we decided to text a returning member, Heather. (She is Trish and Sunny’s daughter). We asked what her plans were for Friday at 10:30 and she said she might not be home from something but asked what we needed. After we told her that we wanted her to come teach with us this was her response: 
“REALLY:-) WHERE AND OF COURSE I LOVE YOU GUYS! You make me feel so proud to be mormon”
What an amazing response. And it’s something that will stick with me for I hope the rest of my life.
It’s a short one this week, but I hope all of you are doing good wherever you might be! Know that the work is moving forward in Alabama and that the Church is still true! Love y’all! 

Much Love,
Elder Milius 


-- 
Godspeed,
ELDER MICHAEL S. MILIUS
ALABAMA BIRMINGHAM MISSION

"Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life." ~3 Nephi 5:13




 Elder Milius enjoying General Conference on Saturday with his companion 
Elder Harris and the Sister Missionaries at the home of The Decker Family

No comments:

Post a Comment