Monday, April 17, 2017

10 April 2017 - Elder Milius Week 41

World Outside of the Great State of Alabama,

How is everyone doing! I’m happy to report that after some bigger storm that blew through this past week everyone is safe and doing great in their new areas! Transfers was a blast, as always, and I’ll be sending some pictures of my favorite Missionaries! I did have to send off my son, Elder Harris, to Mississippi but life still goes on and he’s going to kill it. Elder Schrubb came with me to Wetumpka and we’ve hit it off pretty good I’d say. Like Elder Morley, he came out with me so we are having some fun reminiscing on the past 9 months and how much they’ve flown by! So, without further ado let me get to talking about some of the investigators we are now working with from the Sisters who both got transferred out of the area. 
Chance Mann. This is one of the investigators the Sisters were working with. He is getting baptized this coming week (hopefully). We are meeting with him tonight so I’m sure I’ll be able to tell you more about him next week. But from what I know he is an awesome young man who is 18. He grew up being taught morals from his Masonic Grandfather and is super prepared for the gospel. He is going into the military here pretty soon and is the friend of one of the members in the ward. We’re excited for him and excited to help him make his baptismal covenants. The Britts are another awesome family that we were able to meet. They are a part-member family and the two boys (12 and 9) were being taught. We are looking forward to meeting with them more often and helping them become ready for baptism, again, hopefully sooner than later. Tyrone is the father of another Part-Member family who we haven’t met yet but has a baptismal date for a couple weeks out. And Jalessa we met yesterday. She’s ready for baptism we just have to help her understand the importance of the Sabbath day and church attendance before she commits to a date. 
Going to some people that you’ve heard about before, Trish and Sunny are still there. We had them on date for the end of this month but as time keeps going by it seems as if they aren’t quite understanding everything and are more ‘curious’ than anything. We are just hoping and praying that they are lead and pointed somehow in the right direction because after all is said and done the Lord is going to have to witness to them, somehow, that this is the True Church. 
Trey Washington is a great kid, and I don’t know if I’ve mentioned him or not. But, when we first met him he was completely against coming out and talking to us and now all the sudden he has had a turn of heart. We’ve been over a few other times to teach him about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration and he is soaking it all in. He was going to come to church yesterday but he had had a late night the night before. He has been in the process of changing his life around though and it’s been really cool to see him open up so much.
Speaking of opening up: Shannon! From when we first met her to now she has completely opened up to the gospel and all of it. She had gone to Conference and felt the spirit the whole next week, and now is ready and moving quickly to her baptismal date on May 20th. This week was especially cool though. We went to introduce them to Elder Schrubb and we talked about her baptism and how they need to come to church. We were sitting there trying to work through how they could get a schedule change and such but nothing was really working. We promised them that if they figured out how to come to church on Sundays that the Lord would bless them. Shannon spoke up after that and said that she was going to quit working Sundays even though they really needed the money and the hours. We told them we would help them in anyway they needed and said a prayer, in which I asked for the Lord to bless them in their efforts and desires to come to church. THAT DAY they went into work and found that a new schedule was being written up which would allow them to come to church three out of the four Sundays! It was a sweet experience for Elder Schrubb and I let alone for Shannon and Joe. They are amazing and the Lord is looking out for them! 
A couple other short cool stories: We were in an apartment complex and I asked Elder Schrubb, after the follow-ups we had to make fell through, and he walked up to this building and then a door and we knocked and found a new investigator in doing so! Earlier that day I told him that we should try to find a new investigator and low and behold, Kendra answered her door. We also talked to this awesome lady who’s name I can’t remember in Wal-Mart. She had her two kids with her (7 and 5) and I entertained them while Elder Schrubb taught her and answered her questions. The kids thought I was magic (thanks Dad for all those coin tricks). And shot out to Lindsey in Florence who finally admitted that I am her favorite Missionary :)

  • Joe and Shannon are trying to set me up with their niece who lives in AZ. 
  • We sat and talked to this guy, Jay, for an hour about sex.
  • We got rejected the hardest I’ve ever been at a door where a girl told us we woke up her baby (she was already crying when we knocked) and said to “Get the F out!” *slam*
  • Elder Schrubb fell asleep on someone’s couch for a few minutes when we were sitting talking to them.
  • Elder Schrubb showed me a picture of his family, I will attach it.

Well I love y’all and I hope everything's going good at home! The Lord is still hastening his work and I’m glad to be a part of it in Alabama at this time. Especially because it’s Easter and this week we celebrate the week of our Savior leading up to his Resurrection. I love this gospel and I’m so glad to share the Prince of Peace. Make it a good week! 

Much Love,
Elder Milius


PS: Go share this video on mormon.org  ^^^^


-- 
Godspeed,
ELDER MICHAEL S. MILIUS
ALABAMA BIRMINGHAM MISSION

"Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life." ~3 Nephi 5:13


 Elder Schrubb's Family (from left to right): Mom, Dad, Lorenzo, Elder Schurbb, then Ethan 

 All my ties

 Elder Milius and Elder Harris

 Elder Milius and Sister Haderlie

 Elder Morley and Elder Milius


 Elder Shrubb and Elder Milius

 Elder Milius's Zone



No comments:

Post a Comment