Wednesday, March 1, 2017

27 February 2017 - Elder Milius Week 35

Aloha!!

How is everyone doing back at home and wherever else y’all might be around the world? Hope life is treating you well and the Good God is blessing you! I don’t have a ton of time today so I’ll get right into our week here in Wetumpka!
Lisa is gone. She has decided to continue going to her church every week now and so unfortunately we won’t be working with her anymore. But, seeds were planted and at some point I know she’ll accept it all and it will all click! However, when we went back to see her for the last time, we felt like we should knock on her neighbors door. So, now Willy and Eddy are both investigators that we are teaching and the lesson that we had with Eddy yesterday was as great as you would hope for a first lesson on the Restoration! That day we also found another guy named Travis. We talked with him a lot about the Plan of Salvation and I didn’t know why I felt like mentioning that until he told us that he hadn’t been in church since his grandfather passed. I explained to him that he would be able to see his grandfather again and he could know by reading the Book of Mormon-it has all the answers. He was very hesitant in taking the book, but in a good way. The spirit was very strong and we are hoping that we’ll be able to get in touch with him this coming week in order to follow-up and teach him more. 
Friday Elder Harris and I were able to go down to Gardendale for the Follow-up Trainers meeting. It was fun to be able to go and be on the “other side” of things. As always, we learned a lot and it got me motivated to get the work going this transfer. Along with that motivation, our Zone came out with a theme for the transfer: “Ohana!” Our goal for each companionship is to have one family on date for baptism by the end of this six weeks. I am excited, and know that as we make goals and take them to the Lord, if our desires be for a good reason, that He will be involved in helping us make those goals and hopes and desires come to pass. So I’m excited about that! 
Saturday we meet with a guy named David. I’ve talked about James and Anette before I think, they are “Investigators” who live in the next building over in our apartment complex and we go over there once a week or so. But when we were over there on Friday night the conversation lead from one thing to another and then James wanted to bring over his friend David-a strong Atheist-to talk with us. It was a very interesting conversation and the entire time David, who for obvious reasons, relied on physical evidence and proof in order to come to the knowledge of truth. He was using a lot of big words and scientific proofs to back up his claims and in essence to negate ours. But he was very nice about it and we sat and listened. Going into the discussion I knew that the things we were going to share with him were not going to change his mind or his beliefs and the things that he shared with us weren’t going to do a lot of changing our beliefs either, but it was interesting for me to get a lot of his perspective so in the future when I meet someone with similar beliefs, I can see more of where they’re coming from. By the end though, he shared that his goal was to try and basically make us doubt our faith, which he actually accomplished the opposite. My testimony is stronger in how good God is and how smart God is based on things that I learned while talking with David. Isn’t it wonderful that God knew we wouldn’t have “proof” of him so he gave us the ability to use our-as David called it-”Intuitive Mind” (rather than our “Realistic Mind”) in order for us to gain testimony of Him and in order to using our feelings and prayers to receive answers from the Great Creator?! It’s beyond me all of the little details that God thought of and I can’t wait to gain an eternal perspective to see them all! 
This week wasn’t too exciting...but I did turn 19 so thank you all for your thoughts and wishes! I appreciate all of you! 19 doesn’t feel too different from 18 but hey, now according ot the state of Alabama I am a legal adult….still can’t drink though. The Sisters made me cupcake and decorated our apartment and such to make it a good day for me, which was very kind of them! But, it was ultimately just another day in the mission field, another day I got to put on my tag and that’s the greatest gift I could’ve asked for! I love it out here! Roll tide! 

  • President called me to wish me a Happy Birthday on Thursday and I answered the call, “Alright President where am I going?”
  • A 35 year old flirted with me and told me that I have a beautiful smile.
  • Anette made me a throw blanket for my birthday.
  • It was a boring week….

Hopefully I’ll have more things to talk about next week but until then y’all stay safe and make it a good week! Love y’all!

Much Love,
Elder Milius

-- 
Godspeed,
ELDER MICHAEL S. MILIUS
ALABAMA BIRMINGHAM MISSION

"Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life." ~3 Nephi 5:13







HAPPY 19th BIRTHDAY ELDER MILIUS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment