Tuesday, March 14, 2017

13 March 2017 - Elder Milius Week #37

Hey y’all!

Quote of the week: “When God throws you a curveball, sit back on it and drive it to the opposite field!” I’m excited for baseball season to start again, can you tell? But this week was a good week and I’m even more excited to tell you about the work here in Wetumpka, AL!
We were not able to see Aaron this week-he’s our investigator on date for the 8th of April-but we are still looking forward to talking with his family! And, with our Ohana goal as a Zone we are hoping that Aaron and his family can be our Ohana. However, if they aren’t that’s all good because we are still trying to work closer to the Hartley Family. The 13-year-old son came to basketball last Tuesday and so we now have an “in” there. He lets us know when the whole family is home, but prayers would be great for that family! We were also able to meet with Trish AND her husband Sunny. Both of them are awesome and totally open to the messages we share. They are both adamantly reading and praying about the Book of Mormon together and we are going to invite them to be baptized on the 15th of April this week! Which they’ve already committed to baptism, they just have to receive an answer. And God always answers prayers.
That’s really all the work we’ve been able to do this week with our main investigators but we also had a lot of good conversations with some others this week. We went out with a Young Man who is hopefully getting his mission call within the next couple days now and talked to Danny. Danny is a Catholic (and we are running into more and more of people who are Catholic here in Wetumpka) and he was very honest about how he did not want to read the Book of Mormon. But, as I’m sure I’ve said before my favorite part of being a missionary is talking to people simply about their personal beliefs of Jesus Christ and how that’s made them the man/woman they are today. Anyways, it was a great experience for us and I hope for Daniel too! We met Rebecca this week too, who has talked to missionaries in the past and she described them and very kind and friendly (that gets us in a lot of doors because the other group of people who knock door-to-door aren’t as kind). 
This week was also significant because I was able to do my first interview for Baptism! Shanay in the Alex City branch was baptized on Saturday and it was a great service! Our Mission President in Zone Conference this week talked about how he loves to visit baptisms and look at the font after the one who got baptized leaves. He shared about how baptism is all a symbol and once the font is empty it symbolizes how the tomb was empty. Just as we are washed clean in the waters of baptism, we are raised in Christ’s resurrection! I love that thought because it emphasizes the next step in the Doctrine of Christ--Enduring to the End. 
Also I feel like I need to give a shout-out to our Ward Mission Leader for putting together an awesome Ward Mission Plan with us. He’s amazing. Anyways if y’all need anything let me know! I hope the Lord is treating you well and that you’re constantly making everyday a good day! I love all y’all! 

  • We walked in the rain...then a couple days later biked in the rain.
  • Elder Harris and I had a chewing gum contest.
  • At Zone Conference, Elder Morrison (one of the senior missionaries) asked the lady who made lunch for us what the chocolate syrup was for on the table. She responded that it was for the ice cream. Elder Morrison: “Oh, that’s ice cream? I thought it was butter I put it on my roll!” i proceed to tell a select few about this story and when he got up to do his training he told the story because he said I had already told everyone. And he added at the end “So I made an authentic ice cream sandwich.” I love Zone Conferences. 
  • We played a second capture the flag game as a Zone.

Much Love,
Elder Milius

-- 
Godspeed,
ELDER MICHAEL S. MILIUS
ALABAMA BIRMINGHAM MISSION

"Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life." ~3 Nephi 5:13



 Elder Harris and Elder Milius getting it done in the rain!

Capture the Flag with my Zone
Abandoned movie set for Big Fish in Millbrook, AL






 Elder Milius with his Mission District




 Check it out! I made the Ward Bulletin Board!

No comments:

Post a Comment