Monday, August 29, 2016

29 August 2016 - Elder Milius 9 of 104

Friends and Family,

    Thank y’all for all of your prayers and such. They are felt everyday by me and all of the other missionaries in the Lord’s vineyard.
    This week wasn’t super crazy either but God never ceases to amaze. I continue to learn so much in my studies which are generally focused on the Book of Mormon. Scripture study is so important and if I don’t have any success in teaching for the rest of my mission, as long as I get to continue studying like I have the opportunity to do it’ll be worth it.
There was a lady that I found with Elder Diede (one of the Zone Leaders) a couple weeks ago whose name is Precious. Precious is going through some rough patches and doesn’t really feel close to God. I’ve learned that these kind of people are the ones that we are out to teach. We’ve been able to meet with her a few times and have shared with her the Book of Mormon. She isn’t necessarily progressing as an investigator yet but we are hopefully that soon it will all click. I love sharing the gospel with people like Precious. She is someone who could sincerely benefit from the blessings that the gospel has to offer. I’m sure I’ve shared this before but God calls it the Plan of Salvation, Redemption, and Happiness for a reason. He wants all His children to be happy, and we find that happiness in our Savior, in His gospel. We also contacted a family that we’ve followed-up with the past week. The parents are Victoria and Tyler and they have 5 or 6 children I believe. I don’t know for sure, we’ve never really made it into their house but they are generally open to the messages we have to share. It’s hard for us to schedule appointments with them because Tyler works a lot and he often works overtime and double overtime. This is a family that is really trying to do good and to do right with their kids. I can’t wait for future opportunities with them. They have helped me put in perspective how central and how important families are to our Heavenly Father. I love the ability I am developing to be able to see all of God’s children as my literal brothers and sisters. As we strive to see everyone around us that way, our ability to love and show kindness increases exponentially.
    In addition to that new family, we are working with several recent convert families (CJ and Erica with their daughter Wisdom and son-on-the-way) and less-active/part-member families. One of those is Candy and Jeremy with their kids Bryant and Emma. Love this family. Candy is a recent convert of not too long, but she’s also gone a little less-active. They are literally going through hell. Once they seem to be on their feet Satan throws another fiery dart at them and they are right back to trying to climb out of a hole. It’s sad to see them suffer and see them go through what they are. Satan is working harder and harder on them and I am determined that it is because the Adversary knows how good they can be and how far their arms will reach once they get themselves in the right place.
I’ve shared the past couple weeks that they’ve been pretty slow and there were days that I felt like nothing was accomplished, but God has never stopped blessing and guiding me. I can see this through the families and other people that we are working with. As I compare my life to theres it shows me that there are so many people to help, and as long as I am giving my all to even one person, it’s worth it to Heavenly Father. This puts a whole new twist on D&C 18:15-16. How great shall be our joy if we should simply labor over one soul in our Father’s vineyard! Yesterday in church we didn’t have any investigators attend but we found two new people to teach that came to church with some friends! Heavenly Father is bringing the people who are prepared and I’m glad to be here at His discretion.
I hope y’all are doing great! I love the gospel and I love missionary work! The church is true; the book is blue; God loves you!

Godspeed,

Elder Milius

No comments:

Post a Comment