Monday, August 22, 2016

22 August 2016 - Elder Milius Week 8

Family and Friends,
Alright everyone, this might be shorter than the others but this week wasn’t as exciting. So first of all thank you to everyone who writes, even if I don’t get to send you something back personally know that I appreciate it all and I’m thankful for all the support!
On Tuesday we went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders, Elders Honn and Diede. And when we were on that exchange we tracted into a lady named Precious who surprisingly let us right in her house. We were able to follow-up with her and have another appointment set for this week as well so hopefully she’ll be able to continue meeting with us and accept the gospel to come closer to Christ. Unfortunately Agency is a thing and we can only invite people. 
Wednesday was my first Zone Conference so I was able to see and meet a ton more missionaries and talk to some that I came out with. The Conference was mostly about planning and me and my companion are super excited to be able to plan better and more efficiently. The work is definitely moving forward and I’m so glad to be a part of it.
This week we also got some of the best ice cream on the planet from this little shop in Downtown Florence and our super cool neighbor Hannah hooked us up with a sweet “ELDERS” on our door. (I think those were the extent of the pictures I had).
If there is anything you need or you want to ask I would invite you to go to your Heavenly Father. And if you need anything from me or have any questions for me let me know, I’ll be happy to email or write you back to the best of my abilities.
Like I said, nothing super cool happened this week but I know that God doesn’t have to use crazy big things to show us that He’s there. Even though this week was slow I still was able to find God’s hand in everything we did. As missionaries it’s easy-but in reality we are all missionaries. I love this church and I know that it is true. I know Joseph Smith was a true prophet and I know that he saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. I know that he translated the Book of Mormon and I know that that book testifies of Christ and helps us draw closer to him. Being able to testify what I know to others helps strengthen my beliefs and knowledge so much. When we are talking to people who have never really heard about the church and you share a simple testimony of a simple principle that you’ve learned since primary the Spirit is more than able to come in and work within someone. The greatest feeling is when someone says “That makes sense,” or “This feels good.” Moroni teaches in chapter 7:13, 16 that ALL good things come from God. I know that to be true and I know that we just have to be more willing to listen and learn. As a missionary one of the coolest things that I’ve been able to do is really study the scriptures. They are the words of God and in most cases we can always find our answers in the scriptures. I often find answers to questions I never knew I had, and I promise that God will help you in the same way. He is real, and he lives. One of the greatest blessings that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has to offer is the principle of continued revelation through God’s chosen servants, the prophets. And, in application of us all being His servants, we are likewise able to receive our own personal revelation through sincere prayer. He will answer you. I add this to my previous testimonies and in closing testify to you that God loves you and God works with you. He wants you to come closer to Him. Become the child of God that you are, I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Godspeed,

Elder Milius

 The BEST ice cream on the planet



Our front door  - Hannah (our super cool neighbor) 
hooked us up with the "sweet" ELDERS sign


No comments:

Post a Comment