Monday, September 19, 2016

19 September 2016 - Elder Milius Week 12

Hello People,

Well, this week was pretty eventful to say the least. I’m having tons of fun and the time is just flying by! Last Monday for P-day we went to this place called “SkyZone” which is basically a huge trampoline park. It just opened like a few weeks ago and it’s pretty legit. We partied.
Then the work started. District Meeting is on Tuesdays, which is always great. Our District is the best-I’ve been pretty spoiled as far as my first area, first two districts, etc. I was then privileged to go on an exchange across the Tennessee River to Russellville with Elder Diede (one of our Zone Leaders). We went to do service for a brother in their ward who is married to a no-longer-member of the church. Turns out, Elder Wheatley and I had meet his wife a few weeks prior. The world is a small place, and I imagine Northern Alabama is even smaller a place. She gave us money for Breakfast the next morning and threatened that she would call the Mission President and tell him that we rolled up to their house with alcohol, girls, and spitting out all sorts of swear word if we didn’t take it...so naturally we took the money and went on our way (the remainder of the story to be told later). After that we went to go see a couple other families, one of which is scheduled for Baptism on the 24th. I’m hoping that that will remain as scheduled, both Elder Diede and I felt that something was wrong but we couldn’t qutie tell what it was. They are a very poor family and they have been and are being hit pretty hard with adversity and trials. I know that it is those kind of people that need the gospel the most. And a lot of times for those people the opportunity of coming to church and becoming a faithful member of the church seems physically impossible or out of reach; but, I have learned that no matter what, if we are “seeking first the kingdom of God,” ALL things will then be added unto us. They will be blessed temporally because of their decision and I know that to be true for all of us. 

The next day we went out to Breakfast back in Florence (picking up from the previous story). We were out at Waffle House and Elder Wheatley and Elder Causey (the other ZL) were surprised because of our offer to take the entire ticket (we had kept it a secret that we got the money to pay for it). But, to our surprise, we were told to have a good day without having to pay for our food! Yay! Cool! Awesome! But what do we do now with the money that we weren’t technically supposed to take?! Anyways our meal was paid for and Elder Diede said he would figure it out. Fun times.
Over the next couple of days we taught lessons like machines. It seemed like basically everyone we talked to we were able to at least teach a couple principles usually revolving around the Book of Mormon and the Restoration. We also do sports on Saturday morning with the youth and a couple investigators which is always a good time. The youth in our ward are great, later in the day it poured rain and we took shelter under Lindsey’s porch because we got caught in it coming down harder. Love the weather here.

Sunday was cool. CJ was sustained to receive the Aaronic Priesthood and become a Priest in that priesthood, and Lindsey received her calling as Young Women’s Secretary. I am so excited for both of them. Having the priesthood in CJ and Erica’s home is going to be huge and I hope they will continue on their path to the temple. And I am super excited for Lindsey, she is going to do awesome with the Young Women and as she serves I’m praying that Dylan’s heart will be softened more and more towards the church and the idea of being Baptized. 

Speaking of the temple, this Thursday I’ll finally be able to go and do a session in the Temple again. I couldn’t be more excited. There is a quote that goes something along the lines of seeing your investigators in white twice rather than once. That is the goal. To seal families together in the temple for eternity, and that is what I want for all of the people we meet and teach. I know the covenants I’ve made in the temple are real. And it is what I desire for all of Heavenly Father’s children because the temple is how we can better know Him and better know and understand His plan for us!
I love y’all! If you ever need anything I can help you with, ask. If I can’ help you for whatever reason-maybe it’s because I’m in Alabama, I don’t know-ask God, He loves you and He always wants to help us. 

Godspeed,


Elder Milius







 SkyZone and Ice Cream with my District

Me and Elder Wheatley

  My District


Elder Wheatley and me with our investigators

No comments:

Post a Comment